Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Unbinding the Gospel week one


Forget about the scary E word.
Do we want to be a church that cooperates with the Spirit?

FOR DISCUSSION:
What does that mean to you?

How have/are we resisting the Spirit individually/or corporately?

p. 6: "People sharing with others their personal understandings that life is better, richer, truer if one has faith in Christ and lives is a faith community."
So, share one example of this in your life.

p. 8 Prayer focus: ask God, "Which small things can I do today to help more people know you?
   

2 comments:

  1. Okay folks, I am answering the last question first and working up the list. This whole blog thing feels way out of my comfort zone; to you all it may be a small thing but to me, it feels big. I am learning how to use this media as a means to help others know God better through study, prayer and discussion.

    Two examples for the question from page 6 would be: without a faith in Christ, I would never have been able to preach a sincere resurrection message or even one of any comfort or hope at the funeral last week. And had I not been listening or searching for discernment on the ordination of homosexuals, I would not have known how to participate in that debate with conviction and love for all concerned while we were in Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I find that sharing my faith in Christ with others has allowed me to feel more open to others and embraced by others. It's brought the positivity back into my life.

    ReplyDelete